Over the last decades, transactions and commercial practices have been increasingly impacted by anti-trust and competition regulations. Timely legal advice is needed to clear competition law issues prior to acquiring a company, merging businesses, entering into a joint venture, setting up a distribution network, fixing sales conditions, marketing or advertising policies, licensing IP rights, etc. Strong and competent representation is required to defend clients in investigations led by competition authorities in Switzerland and abroad. With its national footprint and international network, BianchiSchwald has the reach and expertise required to handle our clients’ competition law issues.
- Filing of transactions (including acquisitions and joint ventures) for merger control clearance;
- Assistance to clients in investigations for anti-competitive conduct (vertical and horizontal restraints, abuse of market positions);
- Advice on unfair practices and practices in violation of consumer protection law;
- Review of distribution and e-distribution channels to ensure compliance with competition law;
- Advice on free circulation of goods/services and free establishment in the national market;
- Assistance to clients in cartel investigations and market/sectoral investigations by competition authorities;
- Representation of clients before civil courts and arbitrators throughout Switzerland in matters involving competition law and/or unfair competition law and/or IP;
- Dealings with the Swiss Price Supervisory Office.